About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Executive Assistant (EA) provides high level, comprehensive administrative support to the President, Board of Directors, and may also provide assistance to other senior members of the management team.
Job Summary and Essential Functions
The EA will handle details of a confidential and critical nature and must function efficiently in a fast-paced and growing professional environment, with a proven ability to interact with different levels of staff, clients, and partners. The EA will independently manage a wide range of tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines to both external and internal sources which at times will require work outside the normal business dayOpens a New Window. . The ideal candidate will be highly organized, initiative driven, highly reliable, trust worthy, and possess excellent judgment.
- Prioritize and facilitate communications between the President and the Board of Directors, staff, and key stakeholders.
- Facilitates all aspects of meetings as required for the President, including but not limited to, scheduling, creation and distribution of agendas, meeting minutes and action item tracking, creation or planning of presentations, initiating conference calls, and other required events.
- Prioritize and screen phone, mail, emailOpens a New Window. and other communications to include responding to letters and other correspondence of a routine nature, and maintain contact lists.
- Assist in annual budget creation for President and Board of Directors in coordination with the Controller.
- Reconcile credit card and travel expense reimbursements for the President and the Board of Directors.
- Plan, facilitate and maintain budget for high level events to support the President, Board of Directors, staff and key stakeholders to include the coordination of venues, catering, guest lists, presentations, agendas, and other items as required.
- Make travel arrangements and itineraries for the President, and Board of Directors, as required.
- Coordinate and maintain individual appointment schedules and calendars.
- Maintain filing system for the President
- Feed the fish. ��
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma required.
- 5 years of administrative assistant experience required; 2 years of experience at an executive level preferred.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly to a diverse group of people.
- Outlook expert; ability to proactively organize and efficiently schedule meetings.
- Experience arranging travel.
- Experience with reconciling expense reimbursements.
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and finish assignments to completion.
- Work with internal departments to resolve/escalate any potential issues to conclusion.
- Knowledge of working with non-profit board of directors, board committee meetings preferred.
COMPUTER AND/OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Demonstrated high-level of abilities of carious computer programs and fluency in using standard office software and packages such as MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.Fluent with MS Office 2007 Suite and Windows XP.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATES OR REGISTRATIONS:
- VALID CALIFORNIA DRIVER’S LICENSE WITH CLEAN DRIVING RECORD; INSURABLE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. MUST OWN A LICENSED AND REGISTERED VEHICLE AND BE WILLING TO USE IT FOR WORK-RELATED PURPOSES.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Identify any environmental demands (i.e., noise level, working inside or outside weather conditions) and describe any physical demands to include lifting weight constraints, bending, stooping, reaching, visibility, etc. In addition, describe any hazards involved, or requirements for wearing personal protective equipment for specific duties.
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.