About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
We are looking for an experienced B2B Marketing Manager who will be responsible for the growth of our corporate marketing channels. You will be in charge of attracting site traffic, converting that traffic into new leads for the business, and nurturing those leads to close into customers while providing sales support and advancing brand building. You’ll provide support to CSE’s corporate marketing and outreach efforts, including coordinating and driving the development and implementation of digital marketing channels and collateral. Additionally, you’ll also provide marketing and communications support for the B2B sustainable energy programs CSE administers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead the strategy and execution for B2B demand generation campaigns across all channels, including website, email, conferences, events, memberships, media outreach, and social.
- Coordinate and manage external communications including, but not limited to, digital marketing, events, membership groups, conferences, website, blog, and company presentations.
- Implement CRM and marketing automation platform to better manage the marketing pipeline.
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns. Track and report ROI for initiatives.
- Coordinate the creation of thought leadership content to help drive technology, program awareness/adoption and CSE’s positioning as subject matter experts, including article writing, whitepaper editing and developing a podcast channel and strategy.
- Create and manage sales enablement efforts, including the development of collateral, toolkits, case studies, videos, presentations and the execution of industry events.
- Ensure that all external communications are consistent and in line with the CSE brand.
- Plan, manage, and oversee events that CSE is hosting or attending.
- Oversee company memberships and develop and execute a strategy for developing opportunities within them.
- Work internally with a cross-functional team that is responsible for developing the marketing strategy, assets, design and copy.
- Perform and present research on key target audiences to identify opportunities and trends.
- Partner with internal program teams to establish and execute on shared goals and ensure full-funnel effectiveness.
- Assists with developing marketing, education and outreach strategies for various programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience developing B2B marketing plans.
- Proficient in Salesforce or other CRM.
- Proficient in a marketing automation platform.
- Digital marketing experience coordinating the development of website content, creating media influencer outreach strategies, developing and executing email marketing, and coordinating digital advertising campaigns.
- Experience with developing trade show presence and lead generation strategies.
- Excellent written (emphasis on Associated Press writing style) and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to align internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborative team player.
- Passion for renewable energy technologies.
Experience in renewable energy and energy efficiency industry.
Experience marketing products/services to government stakeholders.
Experience with the following types of software: project management, social media scheduling/monitoring, image editing, and media monitoring.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.