Determining Property Eligibility
CSI-Thermal incentives are available for single-family residential properties, commercial and multifamily properties. To qualify for available rebates, customers must meet specific requirements.
- Heat their water with natural gas*
- Install a qualifying solar water heating system
- Are customers of one of the four designated investor-owned utilities in the state
- Single-family customers must directly use the hot water from the solar water heating system
Please note that space heating, space cooling and swimming pool or spa heating are not eligible uses for single-family properties.
* Residential CSI-Thermal rebates are no longer available for electric- or propane-displacing systems.
Multifamily Residential & Commercial
- Use a solar thermal system to offset natural gas consumption*
- Install a qualifying solar thermal system
- Are customers of one of the designated four investor-owned utilities in the state
- Commercial and multifamily customers can receive a rebate for a solar hot water system and other solar thermal systems installed for process heat, space cooling, space heating, pool heating or any combination
Examples of rebate-eligible businesses include commercial laundries, gyms, laundromats, restaurants, convalescent homes, hotels/motels, school dormitories, prisons, agricultural processes, hospitals, food processors, wineries, breweries, car washes and other applications.
*CSI-Thermal rebate funds for electric- or propane-displacing multifamily and commercial systems within the SDG&E service territory have been exhausted, and customers using electric or propane for water heating are no longer eligible for CSI-Thermal incentives.